Balance is good. I spent some time last spring explaining in depth learned helplessness and learned optimism to Linnea. We actually used her OT lab with the smart projector. I had identified a number of events in my life that might have led to helplessness - it was a bit of a list. She then asked me if I had ever made a list of the positive events that led to my optimism. I hadn't but have started thinking it through.
I can't speak to what she asked you (since I don't know), but she likes to know everything - not wanting me to censor myself or try to figure out what might be useful to her. So ... I tell her everything and let her decide what's important.
I love what your sharing with me and that you are, in fact, sharing with me. I feel very privileged, and the only labels I would ever want to assign to you are healthy and whole.
As I told you, I have saved your stories. Unless you object, I think I am going to put them into a private blog that only I can access. When it's done, I'll tell you and if you want to see it or own it, it's yours, and I'll drop out. Your stories are too valuable to discard - although I understand why you might not want to re-experience them.
I have shared only that first story with Linnea. She's so busy right now with her graduate course, her job, her family, etc. that she has little time to reflect anyway. I suspect you know what it's like to be a mom and be pulled in too many directions.