Thursday, November 4, 2010

Amy

I know I talk with you about disability, but I have another aspect to my essence. I am also a breast cancer survivor.

This weekend I was at my folks’ house in Sheffield PA. They live on a road that was once the original Route 6. The new Route 6 is about two hundred yards from their backyard with the Hammer Mill railroad running between. While at my folks’ home this weekend, I pushed my littlest Evan on a big wheel toy as fast as I could, despite being bent over, up and down that old stretch of Route 6.

I ran across the old Four-Mile creek wooden bridge pushing him as fast as I could for his joy. During cancer treatment I kept focused on my children and playing with them again. I am still alive and cherish every minute with my children. My triceps our sore from pushing Evan on his big wheel. This is a pain I can endure.