As I recover emotionally from cancer and the treatment, I've been told that I will find "a new normal." I'm still searching for who I am now. So I get your post.
This post reminds me of one of those occasional thoughts that pop into my head and that I'm finally writing down. It goes something like this:
You have already decided that I am a trouble-maker, that I think I’m special, and that I expect the world to change for me. You’ve accused me of being anti-social, of talking to myself, and never looking up as others pass me by in the hallway. You complain because I don’t speak to you when I enter the room. You’re jealous that I have adaptive equipment which you think I don’t deserve. You place objects in my path so that I trip. You taunt and tease me until I blow and then point to the superiors and say “Look, I told you not to hire disabled people, they are nothing but trouble makers.”